Its all about the performance!
Lots of action, energy, dance, fitness and smiles this year at the 2015 Zumba Insructors Convention. 6,000 insutrcutors from all over the world came together to learn and share their passion for dance and fitness.
Its the week before the annual Zumba Convention, the biggest Zumba family reunion of the year with thousands of energetic, brightly colored, smiling Zumba instructors from all around the globe, you are busy preparing all your outfits, accessories, protein and nutrition bars, and theme party costume.
With professional Zumba photographers in almost every session you know that you need to ROCK your pictures, and who knows, if its that good maybe your picture will make the Zumba webiste, the next marketing banner or even better get noticed for a future photoshoot.
As one of the official Zumba convention photographers I am asked all the time "how do I ROCK my pictures". Here are 5 tips.......
1. SHOW YOU PASSION: If you look at all the Zumba pictures, they are filled with vibrant, happy and energetic people. Make sure to dance your hearts out and have fun, and simply do what you love the most. Keep it natural (if you try too hard it looks fake) and the photographers will find you for those exciting and passionate images.
2. AVOID FAKE TANS AND THICK MAKE-UP: As a photographer there is nothing worse than trying to shoot someone that no longer looks like a beautiful human. This might be because of a bad shade of fake tan, or because they feel that thick stage make-up is necessary. A suggestion for your make up....wear it a little heavier than you might in a normal day but again keep it natural. We want to see YOU....the real person in all your beautifulness!
3. SMILE!: We know that the Zumba Convention is the 2nd happiest place on earth (behind the mouse house down the street) and so don't forget your smiles. After passion, its your smile that the photographers look for so wear it big, be natural, be genuine and be you!
4. CHOOSE YOUR OUTFIT: Zumba photographers also look for outfits that look great on camera. Remember we are looking for images that are bright and vibrant. Try to avoid very light-colors like white and yellow if you have lighter skin and hair, while if you have darker skin and hair-black (although flattering) may not be the best choice of full outfit color. Watch out on patterns too........your favorite leopard print leggings along with polka dot tank top may be a little too busy for the camera. So if you want to get noticed by the photographers try to blend solids and patterns and keep a good balance.
5. ITS MORE FUN WITH FRIENDS: As a Zumba Convention photographer I am always on the look-out for great images that represent the culture, diversity and family that IS Zumba Fitness. Make sure to connect with and meet new friends from around the world, we are looking for special moments of you having fun with your Zumba family from across the globe!
Now you are all set for your Zumba Convention adventure to ROCK your Zumba photographs. I look forward to seeing everyone...I'll be the one with the camera!!